Elaine S. Kusel
Elaine S. Kusel is a partner of McCune Wright Arevalo, LLP, first joining
the firm in 2008. As a nationally-renowned class action attorney, she
performs a significant role in the firm’s Consumer Fraud Class Action division.
After college, Ms. Kusel spent eight years working in the U.S. House of
Representatives, where she eventually served as Legislative Director and
Counsel to a Member of Congress serving on the House Commerce Committee.
After graduating from law school, her practice had included fraud litigation,
mass torts, and international human rights law. In one notable case,
Abdullahi v. Pfizer, Ms. Kusel represented Nigerian children enrolled in a clinical trial by
Pfizer without their families’ informed consent. In another,
Gutierrez v. Wells Fargo Bank,
N.A., her work helped secure a $203 million-dollar class action verdict for
unfair bank overdraft fees. Ms. Kusel helped to lead the effort to uncover
the financial fraud of Volkswagen, leading to a $40 million-dollar settlement
on behalf of the citizens of the State of Arizona in the emissions fraud scandal.
Contact Elaine Kusel today by calling (909) 345-8110.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School Washington, D.C., 1994
- B.S., Boston University Boston, Massachusetts, 1987
- American Association for Justice
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association